Friday, February 26, 2010

Homemade Chicken Nuggets and blue cheese sauce

The other night my friend Galen and I cooked a fantastic meal. It was truly awesome and delicious and I would totally tell you about it but right now I'm focused on a certain aspect of it: the chicken nuggets I made.


These were really easy and came out awesome.

RECIPE
Cut chicken breast into nugget sized pieces.

Season with salt and pepper. I used a japanese chili powder with orange zest mixed in - highly recommended.

Always salt your chicken before you cook it, and the longer you can wait between the better it will be.

Dredge in flour.

Dip in beaten egg.

Coat in panko (japanese bread crumbs). Also try mixing some salt and seasoning into the panko for extra flavor. I think next time i'll throw in some fresh herbs.

Deep fry till golden.

Done.

See? Easy.

You can even freeze what you don't fry and then thaw and fry them later.

The picture is the chicken with my very own hotsauce: Scorched Orange(TM), available in stores sometime in 2011 (I hope). Scorched Orange(TM) from the makers of Cheese Bees(TM) haha.

Bonus recipe:
If you decide to eat your nuggets as I do, coated in delicious spicy sauce, here is a blue cheese sauce recipe for dipping.

1/8 Lb St Agur blue (or any good creamy blue.. maybe Fourme d'Ambert)
1-2 tbsp milk
1-2 tsp heavy cream
lrg pinch powdered tarragon
3-5 tbsp mayo.

MIX

This was delicious.. but a little heavy and quite a strong blue cheese flavor, this is the recipe I used based on what I had in the fridge... but here's what I would have used if I had more at my disposal:

1/8 Lb St Agur blue
1-3 tbsp buttermilk
2-4 tbsp sour cream or greek yogurt
1-3 tbsp mayo
lrg pinch fresh tarragon or dill
squeeze of lemon
black pepper to taste.

MIX

Enjoy.


- Stroud out.

No comments: